Friday, February 5, 2010

Costa Rica 2010.






We had a wonderful time on our trip to Costa Rica. Anywhere beats Utah's weather right now, not to mention the air quality. We just got back Wednesday afternoon and it was bitter sweet because I wanted to stay longer but, I also wanted to come home and see Miss Brielle. This trip was way more relaxing than the past trips. We had a great little cabina out by a very quite and beautiful beach. As usual, the water was warm and the air was perfect ( a bit hot in the afternoons) but it was pure paradise. We usually have a jam packed schedule and this time we just went with the flow. We did do a couple excursions though, Ian and I went fishing (we released everything) it was fun to see Ian try and reel in some of the fish he caught. One of the fish he caught was a jack and it's funny because they snort like a pig. We met a lot more locals this time which was nice. We only had me and Ian in the car so we picked up a few hitch hikers. We also made some local animal friends. We had a little Iguana friend that would greet us by our door every day when we returned from our morning swim... We callled him Chewy and he was always begging for more flowers to eat...so of course we made a point of it to stuff his little body with the best Hibiscus flowers we could find. I also made friends with a few dogs that seemed like they needed some extra attention. (I made Ian take me to the store and buy dog food to give to the dogs:) I really wanted to bring back one German Shepherd that befriended me while Ian was on a sunset surf session. It was good to get away as a couple and spend a lot of time together once you have kids you forget how important it is to make time for each other. Thanks mom and karen for watching our little one (so we could go on this vacation:)

2 comments:

Dan + Laurie Udy said...

i need to be there. Next time lets plan a trip and take the girls. Oh and your little boy that is on the way :)

Dan + Laurie Udy said...

Uh how come I was invited to disney world :(