Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sage Kai Barkley.






Here's Sage's birth story, I went in on Friday morning to Davis Hospital to get induced. I was really nervous the night before and maybe slept a total of 2 hours. We got checked in and they started the IV around 8a.m. (man do I hate getting IV's I think they hurt super bad. She decided to do one in my arm which I think was more uncomfortable. I went in at a four then at 12ish I was a 7ish and by 1p.m. I was a 10 and ready to go I only had to push for 2 contractions and he was out. I was a little worried because my epidural was really strong and I was SUPER numb. I let a student do my first epidural and lets just say it did not work at all! I had to get another one by the real Dr. My legs were starting to get the restless legs syndrome and poor Ian had to keep moving them for me from side to side up and down even though I couldn't feel them it was the fact that I knew they were being moved lol. I am so glad everything thing went well and me and the baby are healthy. He was born at 1:09 p.m weighing 7pounds 15oz and 20 inches long. Thank you friends and family for all your support in helping me the last few days. I am in just awww with this new little guy. They are sooo fresh and perfect. Brielle has been really good being the older sister and is always wanting to help and of course hold him. No real jealous mood swings yet.

1 comment:

Alexis said...

He's so cute! Congratulations!