Saturday, June 20, 2009

Smith and Morehouse camping trip.




On Friday, after Ian got off work, we got packed and headed up to Smith and Morehouse Reservoir. We met up with Danny, Sam and his wife, Trish and Cody and a bunch of their friends and family. They had eight trailers up there. We didn't get up there until 9:30pm - just in time for the campfire (My first campfire of the the summer (pretty sad)). We had tons of marshmallows - I had to make up for the s'mores I've missed out on. And let just say it was cold!! I kept getting closer and closer to the fire, Danny was having a hard time keeping the fire going strong, the wood was kind-of wet, we had to pop out the gasoline. Brielle had fun! She loved collecting all the pine cones. I was a nervous wreck with her around the fire, but she did good. She ended up falling asleep in my lap around 10:30ish (early for her). I was worried about her being cold so she had on pj's plus a sleeper plus a coat and beanie she even slept in her coat and beanie. It's is really pretty up there especially with everything being so green. But...unfortunately it started to rain late morning so we went on a quick hike to the lake and cut our trip short and headed home early. I hate this rain I hope it doesn't rain over the 4th.

No comments: